*** Quality Engineer ***
Currently seeking a Quality Engineer in Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico for 40+ hours per week for approximately 2 months.
The Quality Engineer (QE) is responsible for interpreting Customer contract requirements, engineering drawings & data sets, specifications, and other technical information to ensure compliance and proper implementation in the customer Quality Management System (QMS). The role of the QE spans the entire scope of the QMS, from contact/proposal review through final delivery and documentation of quality acceptance. In all actions, the QE will support customer’s Strategy, Quality Policy, and Values by supporting our commitment to total customer satisfaction, quality products and services, and employee development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and communicate Customer contractual requirements
- Provide interface to the Customer for quality related activities
- Create Quality Assurance Program Plans, as applicable
- Update and maintain procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with Customer requirements
- Conduct process and product audits in support of quality compliance
- Participate in design review, design verification, and Integrated Product Team (IPT) support, as required
- Create inspection plans, and methods for the manufacturing operations, including inspection equipment and tools necessary to provide efficient inspection processes. This would include the creation of First Article Inspection (FAI) plans, as required.
- Assist and train personnel in procedures and processes establishing and documenting inspection criteria and process improvements including process auditing
- Participate in and lead team based corrective action and continuous improvement efforts related to continuous quality improvement
- Utilize qualitative and statistical methods and tools to collect, summarize, analyze, interpret and communicate process capability and performance. This would include the use of key statistical process control (SPC) tools.
QUALIFICATIONS & TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENT:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University with major course work in engineering, quality, or science preferred along with 3-5 years Quality Engineering experience in the aerospace industry. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted.
- Knowledge of the Aerospace industry is preferred.
- Inspection of detail parts, tooling and assemblies required. Aerospace inspection experience and knowledge of digital systems is preferred.
- Auditing experience required, preferably to AS9000/AS9100.
- Experience in performing root cause analysis and corrective action development
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to use Mainframe applications and a variety of special software applications on a daily basis
- Ability to become certified to the Body of Knowledge for ASQ Quality Engineering
- While performing the duties of this job, candidate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with exposure to shop noise.