*** Electromechanical Source Inspector ***
Currently seeking an Electromechanical Source Inspector in Rochester, NY for 8 hours per week for 1 year.
As an Electromechanical Source Inspector you will use your formal IPC-A-610 training and experience to inspect solder and general workmanship to the requirements of IPC-A-610. As you take direction from the quality assurance department, you will interface with designated points of contact at 3rd party contract manufacturers and suppliers. We will rely on you to suggest ways in which the quality of products could be improved and provide written reports of Source Inspection results to management. In this position, you will have the flexibility to work on an on-call as needed basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with printed wiring assemblies (PWAs) and end unit box builds.
- Conduct quality audits and surveys to recommend approval of new customer’s suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Initiate and address corrective and preventive actions when non-conformances are noted in customer’s products or the processes used to produce customer’s products.
- Compare the products with released engineering drawings, purchase orders and other contractual requirements as specified by operations.
- Check for quality workmanship according to published manufacturing standards.
- Review AS9102 First Article Reports prepared by the Contract Manufacturer.
- Verify components for proper identification by comparing component markings to the applicable Bill of Material as well as proper component placement and polarity.
- 5+years Quality Assurance in electronics manufacturing environment
- Inspection of electronic, mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Experience in FAI, SI, RI inspection
- Knowledge of QA process with non-conforming material and MRB
- Use of mechanical and optical measurement tools
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerances
- Supplier evaluation, approval and corrective and preventative actions
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings for PWB’s
- ASME Y14.5, ISO-9001 procedures, MIL-STD-105
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- US Government Position. US Citizenship required.
- Up to 10% domestic travel.