*** Mechanical Source Inspector ***
Currently seeking an Aerospace Mechanical Source Inspector to support 1-2 days per months for 1 year in Woodinville, Washington.
- The quality inspector shall travel to various supplier facilities to perform visual and dimensional inspections on manufactured parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies.
- Parts will be inspected to engineering drawings, customer purchase order(s), industry standards, and specifications.
- Candidate must have practical experience performing in-process and final inspections on complex machined parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies.
- The inspections will be performed to engineering requirements specified per ANSI Y14.5 – Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) or equivalent standard.
- Experience performing First Article Inspections (FAIs) in accordance to the AS9102 standard and knowledge is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience performing inspections in aerospace
- Candidate should be computer savvy and own a laptop for this assignment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience (within the last 2-3 years) inspecting Complex Machine Parts/Assemblies/Composite Parts.
- Strong knowledge and understand of GD&T per ANSI Y. 14.5
- Knowledge of tight tolerance is required.
- Strong computer skills. Source inspection information is input into the customer's system in SAP.