Location – Houston, TX, 2-4 visits/month
Inspector will assure products and documentation from assigned suppliers meet the customer requirements before allowing product to be accepted and delivered to customer locations.
Contract Source inspectors, working under the authorization of customer SQA lead employees, will review and accept documentation and products from their assigned suppliers on behalf of the customer. The customer provides training and procedures (standard work) that will guide the inspectors through the necessary compliance checks before accepting products and documentation submitted to them by the suppliers. All findings and awareness that the contractors provide to the suppliers will be captured and made available for loading into the SID database as well as each product acceptance. Contractors will be expected to read through the customer flowdown requirements in addition to standard work, to assure that any unique product or part number requirements are also completed and meet the expectations prior to acceptance and release.
* Manufacturing or inspection background of 8 years minimum
* Knowledge of AS9102
* Hands on Dimensional Inspection ability
* Strong attention to detail and through paperwork review skills
* Strong in interpreting drawings, spec and expertise in GD&T
* Aerospace or Defense Industry Sourcing experience (3 Years minimum)
* Preferred: LMT, RMS, Boeing, Honeywell experience
* Preferred: AS13001 Industry certification
* Preferred: Experience with Aerospace valves
* Preferred: Experience reviewing and accepting FAIRs