*** Mechanical Source Inspector ***
Currently seeking a Certified Mechanical Source Inspector in Long Island, NY for 10 hours per week for 1 year
The Mechanical Source Inspector shall travel to various supplier facilities to perform visual and dimensional inspections on manufactured parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies. Parts will be inspected to engineering drawings, customer purchase order(s), industry standards, and specifications. The inspector will be required to report inspection accept / reject information directly to the customer via web application.
- IPC-A-610 and IPC-A-620 expertise required and certification would be preferred
- Experience with CATIA v5 and Digital Product Definition is required.
- Applicant will need to have the ability to read and interpret 3D Digital Data for inspection as supplier representative is maneuvering within the software.
- Ability to perform source inspection with recent hands-on source inspection experience (within 2 years).
- The ability to understand complex engineering drawings and specification (ANSI-Y-14.5).
- Minimum of 6 years hands-on experience in the aircraft industry performing applicable product verification and supplier surveillance tasks.
- Effective communication skills.
- Extensive broad ranging aircraft commodity knowledge and experience to include: structures, mechanical assemblies, precision machined parts, sheet metal parts, fasteners, castings and forgings, engines, hydraulics, electrical components and systems, avionics, raw materials, and consumables, and special processes (e.g. welding, coatings, NDT, or Heat Treat, Bonding).
- Must be familiar with First Article Inspection and Flight Safety Products.
- Comfortable working as an independent contractor (1099).
- Castings & Forgings, Structural Assemblies, Composite Detail Parts, Coatings & Paints, Special Processing, Chemical Processing, Plating, Nondestructive Testing, Welding Services, CMM/Faro Arm Operation