Mechanical Source Inspector
We currently have a need for an experienced mechanical source inspector to support at a supplier in Blue Spring, MO.
2-5 days per month
The quality inspector shall travel to various supplier facilities to perform visual and dimensional inspections on manufactured parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies. Parts will be inspected to engineering drawings, customer purchase order(s), industry standards, and specifications. The inspector will be required to report inspection accept / reject information directly to the customer via web application.
- Minimum 5 years mechanical source inspection experience. Experience must be within the last 2 years in aerospace or military / defense manufacturing
- Minimum 2 years of hands on first article inspection (FAI) experience to AS9102. This must be a strong knowledge and understanding.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience (within the last 2-3 years) inspecting Complex Machine Parts/Assemblies/Composite Parts.
- Candidate must have a strong knowledge and understand of GD&T per ANSI Y. 14.5
- Knowledge of tight tolerance is required.
- Candidate must have their own laptop for this assignment as they are required to bring one on site to the supplier location.
- Strong computer skills. Source inspection information is input into the customer's system in SAP.