Mechanical Source Inspector
Frequency (Hours per Week): 20
Duration (Days): 365
The quality inspector shall travel to various supplier facilities to perform visual and dimensional inspections on manufactured parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies. Parts will be inspected to engineering drawings, customer purchase order(s), industry standards, and specifications. The inspector will be required to report inspection accept / reject information directly to the customer via web application.
- Candidate must have practical experience performing in-process and final inspections on complex machined parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies.
- The inspections will be performed to engineering requirements specified per ANSI Y14.5 – Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) or equivalent standard.
- Must have the ability to read / interpret engineering drawings and Purchase Orders (POs).
- Must have experience using various mechanical inspection tools, such as micrometers and calipers.
- Experience performing First Article Inspections (FAIs) in accordance to the AS9102 standard and knowledge is required.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years experience performing inspections in aerospace or military / defense manufacturing with proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Candidate should be computer savvy and own a laptop for this assignment. Will be working as an independent contractor (1099).