Quality Inspector (Electromechanical)
Currently seeking a Quality Inspector to support on a part time opportunity performing electromechanical source inspections in Sacramento, CA. Support is needed 20 hours per week on going for 1 year. The quality inspector shall possess experience with MIL-STD, please see below for further details.
- The quality inspector shall travel to various supplier facilities to perform visual and dimensional inspections on manufactured parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies.
- Parts will be inspected to engineering drawings, customer purchase order(s), industry standards, and specifications.
- The inspector will be required to report inspection accept / reject information directly to the customer via web application.
- Candidate must have practical experience performing in-process and final inspections on machined parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies.
- The inspections will be performed to engineering requirements specified per ANSI Y14.5 – Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) or equivalent standard.
- Must have the ability to read / interpret engineering drawings and Purchase Orders (POs).
- The candidate must have experience using various mechanical inspection tools, such as micrometers and calipers.
- Experience performing First Article Inspections (FAIs) in accordance to the AS9102 standard and knowledge of applicable industry standards like IPC-A-610 or equivalent is highly desired.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years experience performing inspections in aerospace or military / defense manufacturing with proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comfortable working as an independent contractor (1099).
- Must have personal lap top, cell phone, and internet access