*** Mechanical & Welding Source Inspector ***
Currently seeking an Aerospace Mechanical & Welding Source Inspector to support part-time 16-32 hours for 10-12 months in Eagan, Minnesota
- The quality inspector is responsible to perform visual and dimensional inspections on complex tubing assemblies and sub- assemblies, manufactured parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies.
- Inspected will inspect to engineering drawings, customer purchase order(s), industry standards, and specifications.
- The inspector will be required to report inspection accept / reject information directly to the customer via web application.
- Must have practical experience performing in-process and final inspections on complex welded tubing assemblies and sub- assemblies, complex machined parts, and composite parts within the last 3 years.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience performing mechanical source inspections in aerospace or military / defense manufacturing with proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The inspections will be performed to engineering requirements specified per ANSI Y14.5 – Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) or equivalent standard./FAI and AS9102
- Knowledge of tight tolerance and have experience using various mechanical inspection tools, such as micrometers, calipers and weld gages.
- Must be computer savvy and own a laptop, with email and internet access for this assignment