TSM (Supply Chain Manager/ Manufacturing Engineer/ Procurement)
Currently seeking a Technical Subcontract Manager (TSM) to support on a full time contract for 1 year ongoing (Indefinite) in the Atlanta, GA Regional area. The TSM must possess a strong Supply Chain Manager/ Manufacturing Engineer background along with "shop floor" management experience within an Aerospace Manufacturing setting.
Are you working and or seeking a new opportunity? Please see below for further details.
- This is a Technical Subcontract Management (TSM) field support position. The TSM will be responsible for providing onsite support at various major systems, airframe, and tooling suppliers located regionally in Atlanta, GA.
- Depending on the candidate’s home location, the position could require a substantial amount of travel (driving) to/from suppliers. Approximately 90% of the TSMs time will be spent onsite at a supplier facility.
- A TSM is a member of the Supply Chain Management (SCM) team that our customer uses to minimize disruptions to the supply chain by providing "in the field" oversight of supplier execution. Daily activities include: working with supplier personnel to prioritize components through manufacturing, validating the status of the deliverable parts and providing detailed status to procurement, preparing plans to reduce/prevent shortages, identifying risks in the supply chain, and developing risk mitigation plans to minimize the potential impact to the customer.
- Candidates should have an understanding of production processes as they relate to aircraft systems components and avionics equipment, machined part fabrication, tooling fabrication, and lean manufacturing. The candidate should be a self-starter that is capable of analyzing supplier processes and developing improvement plans in
- Technical Subcontract Management and Program Management support for multiple programs. The TSM’s job is to provide onsite support at various suppliers’ facilities in order to mitigate any and all supply chain risks and constraints.
- The position requires a thorough understanding of both Airframe and Major System’s manufacturing procedures and production processes.
- Desired candidate must exhibit excellent people skills as close interaction with suppliers, sub-tier suppliers, and other technical and administrative employees will be required.
- Candidate must be able to be mentored/trained by other technical employees on legacy program processes and design standards.
- Experience with SAP ERP system desirable.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Candidate must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools is also required.
- MUST HAVE ACCESS TO PERSONAL LAPTOP, CELLPHONE, AND INTERNET CONNECTION