Quality Inspector (Electromechanical)
Currently seeking a Quality Inspector to support on low frequency opportunity in Woodstock, NY. Support is needed at or around 12 visits per month on going. The Quality Inspector shall have experience performing mechanical inspections on electrical components. Please see below for further details.
- The quality inspector shall travel to 1 supplier facility to perform visual and dimensional inspections on manufactured parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies.
- MIL-SPEC experience is required.
- Special Process Skills: (PLT- Plating, PNT- Paint & Organic Finishes)
- Electronic Skills: (SLD-Soldering)
- Parts will be inspected to engineering drawings, customer purchase order(s), industry standards, and specifications.
- The inspector will be required to report inspection accept / reject information directly to the customer via web application.
- Candidate must have practical experience performing in-process and final inspections on machined parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies.
- The inspections will be performed to engineering requirements specified per ANSI Y14.5 – Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) or equivalent standard.
- Must have the ability to read / interpret engineering drawings and Purchase Orders (POs).
- The candidate must have experience using various mechanical inspection tools, such as micrometers and calipers.
- Experience performing First Article Inspections (FAIs) in accordance to the AS9102 standard and knowledge of applicable industry standards like IPC-A-610 or equivalent is highly desired.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience performing inspections in aerospace or military / defense manufacturing with proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comfortable working as an independent contractor (1099).
- Must have personal lap top, cell phone, and internet access