This includes all deliveries including units returned to the supplier for rework or repair. The Supplier Quality Management Engineer shall help the supplier to optimize their process and product quality for delivered product to customer through effective communication of the requirements imposed on the supplier, helping the supplier to understand and correctly interpret workmanship requirements and acceptance criteria, supporting the elimination/reduction of variation in the supplier’s manufacturing processes, assuring that adequate root cause corrective action is performed on nonconformances, certifying processes at the supplier, auditing the supplier’s processes and Quality Management System, inspecting product in-process and at final, and verifying supplier compliance to customer ’s specification requirements.
- Self-motivated individual who possesses the ability to effectively analyze, organize, and prioritize assignments as an Independent Supplier Quality Management Engineering Contractor.
- Demonstrate effective verbal/written communication skills required for interacting with all levels of personnel at both customer and supplier (e.g. operators and technicians, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality, and Senior Management).
- With minimal supervision, demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems in addition to facilitate and coordinate various activities in an efficient and timely manner.
- Possess a BSEE degree (preferred) or BSME degree
- 10-years of related experience (Preferred) in the areas of electro-mechanical inspection and test of circuit card assemblies including component placement, hand soldering, wave soldering, surface mount soldering, cleaning of circuit card assemblies, conformal coating, continuity testing, functional testing and other processes associated with the manufacture and build of circuit card assemblies.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret documents (i.e. procedures, blueprints/technical drawings, etc.) and use necessary measuring devices/equipment to verify component/product acceptance.
- Familiarity with process control concepts and sampling plans.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Working knowledge of circuit cards and circuit card assemblies including the use of Gerber data.
- Ability to inspect to the IPC J-STD-001 “Training and Certification Program” for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies and IPC-A-610 “Acceptability of Electronics Assemblies Training and Certification Program” workmanship standards.
- Possess the ability to conduct supplier process and system audits to ensure manufacturing systems are functional, effective and compliant.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ensure that Supplier Quality Management related activities are executed, documented (as required) and brought to closure in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Abide by all safety, quality, housekeeping and company policies/procedures during supplier visits.
- Review and evaluate the suppliers processes and applicable documentation/specifications for accuracy and compliance and that they are capable of meeting customer drawings, specifications and workmanship requirements flowed down to the supplier required for hardware approval/acceptance.
- Perform in-process and final inspections.
- Witness component/product testing and review test results for content, accuracy and compliance.
- Facilitate and coordinate various activities in an efficient and timely manner at the supplier’s facility to troubleshoot and solve technical problems (as required).
- Conduct supplier process audits to assure that the processes are consistently capable of producing compliant product and conduct system audits to ensure that the supplier’s QMS is compliant to ISO 9000 and/or AS9100 requirements (as applicable).
- Responsible for all hardware acceptance at supplier’s facility.
- Provide updates and documentation related to product acceptance and shipments to the appropriate customer personnel.
- Assist in the closure of Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCARS) and Nonconforming Material Requests.
- Regional travel is required to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- Specific vision abilities required include close/distance vision, peripheral/depth perception and ability to focus.
- Position entails exposure to typical manufacturing environment inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing and foot protection (as required).
- Temperature of work environment may be affected by outside temperatures and manufacturing processes.
US Citizenship Required
Note: The duties and responsibilities listed herein serve as an example of the typical activities associated with this position. The position includes, but is not limited to these duties. Contractors may be requested to may perform additional duties as required by the customer organization.