Working knowledge of verifying special process and product material certifications, including chemical and material composition, hardness, tensile strength; Working knowledge of simple/complex machined parts.
Candidate must have practical experience performing in-process and final inspections on complex machined parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies. The inspections will be performed to engineering requirements specified per ANSI Y14.5 – Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) or equivalent standard. Must have the ability to read / interpret engineering drawings and Purchase Orders (POs). The candidate must have experience using various mechanical inspection tools, such as micrometers and calipers. Experience performing First Article Inspections (FAIs) in accordance to the AS9102 standard and knowledge is required. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years experience performing inspections in aerospace or military / defense manufacturing with proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel. Candidate should be computer savvy and own a laptop for this assignment. Will be working as an independent contractor (1099).
* 5-years of Quality Assurance experience within Aerospace environment
* Understanding of key aerospace Quality Standards such as AS9100, AS9102
* Demonstrate the ability to interpret documents (i.e. procedures, blueprints/technical drawings, specifications, etc.)
* Working knowledge of verifying special process and product material certifications, including chemical and material composition, hardness, tensile strength
* Familiarity with sampling plans
* Working knowledge of simple/complex machined parts