Mechanical Inspector Job Description:
The Mechanical Inspector will travel to various supplier facilities to perform visual inspections on manufactured parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies. Parts are inspected to engineering drawings, customer purchase order(s), industry standards, and specifications. The inspector will be required to report inspection result(s) information via web application.
A minimum of 5 years of current Mechanical inspection experience within the last 10 years (Recent Experience).
- Recent experience to include inspection of: Mechanical/Structural assemblies, machined parts, sheet metal parts, castings and forgings.
- Must have recent experience performing First Article Inspections (FAI) to the AS9102 Standard.
- Recent Experience must be Aerospace industry related
- A working understanding of:
- Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA)
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ANSI Y 14.5
- Blueprint reading, specifications and Purchase Orders.
- Expertise in the use of general inspection hand tools (i.e., calipers, go-no go gauges, thread gauges, pin gauges, height gauges, micrometers, etc.).
- Candidate should be computer savvy and own a laptop and cell phone for this assignment.
- Comfortable working as an independent contractor (1099)