Supplier Quality Engineer
We are currently seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to support on a contract 25-35 hours per week with an ongoing duration. This will be supporting within the Seattle, WA regional location.
Are you working and or seeking a new opportunity? Please see below for further details.
- Utilize quality science techniques to effect continuous performance improvement at assigned suppliers;
- Evaluate and appraise supplier's manufacturing capabilities to baseline their processes for conformance to various documented commodity checklists and or QMS special processes.
- Perform Value Engineering activities to take cost out of products at supplier locations.
- Understand and implements a closed loop process such as problem solving skills and root cause analysis to determine potential effectiveness of proposed corrective actions.
- Reviews, analyzes, and reports on quality discrepancies related to process, assembly,
- Manufacturing, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, or electro-mechanical systems;
- Ensure that performance and quality of products conform to established company and regulatory standards;
- Use surveillance and auditing techniques to identify opportunities for process and product improvement;
- Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, supplier, and procurement (as appropriate) to ensure requirements / expectations are satisfied;
- Facilitate development of supplier recovery plans;
- Monitor and evaluate supplier process for compliance to purchase order and engineering requirements;
- Collaborate with supplier to investigate root cause and corrective actions when process or product deficiencies are detected;
- Identify, plan, and facilitate cross-functional improvement activities;
- Deploy variation management tools and techniques at select suppliers to mitigate risk;
- Although this is a remote position, some regional travel may be required.
- Regional Travel is required (Seattle, WA)
- Understanding of AS9100, AS9103, AS9110, and AS9120 standards;
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies;
- Supplier Quality Management experience (SQM) required as they will guide SQE's on requirements and tasks.
- Coaching and Mentoring of SQM and SQE requirements is required.
- Must have good organizational skills, mentoring, decision making and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication; Cause Mapping; Surveillance and Auditing; Blueprint reading; GD&T; Aircraft Systems and Structure manufacturing;
- Able to quickly assimilate web-based applications / databases; Self-starter with ability to manage workload with minimal direction;
- Provide technical solutions to wide range of difficult problems;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidate must have laptop, internet access, and cell phone to start position on day one. (Will get issued company laptop but will take several weeks)