Supplier Quality Engineer
Currently we are seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to support on a contract (25 hours’ p week -hours may increase as contract continues) in the White Plains, New York Regional area. This will be an ongoing contract supporting multiple suppliers between New York, New jersey, and Connecticut . Are you working, looking for a new opportunity, or have a flexible schedule? Please see below for further details.
Frequency (Hours per Week): 25 (Work may increase)
Duration (Days): 365 (On going)
- Evaluates and or appraises supplier's manufacturing capabilities to baseline their processes for conformance to various documented commodity checklists and or QMS special Processes.
- Establishes part quality evaluation plans from materials requests through material receipt (full life cycle) Provides resolution and disposition of non-conformance materials to ensure adequate corrective action.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Utilize quality science techniques to effect continuous performance improvement at assigned suppliers;
- Reviews, analyzes, and reports on quality discrepancies related to process, assembly,
- Manufacturing, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, or electro-mechanical systems;
- Ensure that performance and quality of products conform to established company and regulatory standards;
- Use surveillance and auditing techniques to identify opportunities for process and product improvement;
- Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, supplier, and procurement (as appropriate) to ensure requirements / expectations are satisfied;
- Facilitate development of supplier recovery plans;
- Monitor and evaluate supplier process for compliance to purchase order and engineering requirements;
- Collaborate with supplier to investigate root cause and corrective actions when process or product deficiencies are detected;
- Identify, plan, and facilitate cross-functional improvement activities;
- Deploy variation management tools and techniques at select suppliers to mitigate risk;
- Regional travel is required within White Plains, New York.
- Temporary Relocation may apply for the right candidate.
- Understanding of AS9102, AS9100, AS9103, AS9110, and AS9120 standards;
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies;
- Supplier quality management experience;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication; Cause Mapping; Surveillance and Auditing; Blueprint reading; GD&T; Aircraft Systems and Structure manufacturing;
- Able to quickly assimilate web-based applications / databases; Self-starter with ability to manage workload with minimal direction;
- Provide technical solutions to wide range of difficult problems;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidate must have laptop, internet access, and cell phone